A rich, healing salve for scrapes, cracks, cuts, burns, irritations and other minor skin injuries. Gently treats inflammation and infection. Moisturizes and protects.
Can be used as a lip salve, wound ointment, a nursing balm, rich hand cream or overall skin curative.
100% organic and natural, it is safe for mamas to use in prenatal stages and in postpartum healing of tears, swelling and hemorrhoids. It's also great as a nipple balm in the early days of breastfeeding, and since it's so natural and safe even for newborns, you don't need to wash it off between feedings!
Here's how it works:
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and squalene. It's been used since ancient times, and in today's medical industry, to treat wounds and an array of skin issues. One of the best oils for speeding healing time.
- Calendula has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that might make it useful in healing wounds, soothing irritation and relieving rashes.
- Lavender's natural antiseptic, microbial properties make it great for cleansing, healing and soothing. Very calming for body and mind, it can even reduce mild pain.
- Chamomile is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants, making it healing and protective. Not only does it relieve a wide variety of skin discomforts and damage, it also aids in skin cell regeneration.
- Marshmallow Root's mucilage polysaccharides have healing, moisturizing and soothing properties. Anti-inflammatory and an emollient, it coats the skin to protect it and helps retain moisture. Heals chapped skin and irritations, from sore nipples to eczema. Slows signs of aging caused by sun damage.
- Shea butter is loaded with vitamins A and E, which strengthen and repair skin + saturated fats that deeply moisturize + anti-microbial properties to fight off infections + anti-inflammatory properties of cinnamic acid + linoleic acid that helps seal in moisture.
- An antioxidant powerhouse, Cocoa butter smooths scars, wrinkles and other skin marks. Its high palmitic acid content forms a protective barrier on skin to protect from oxidative stress and seal in moisture.
- Beeswax forms a natural defense barrier, protecting skin from free radical damage and locking in essential moisture. Like honey, beeswax contains antibacterial properties and can help keep skin clean.
Packaged in a reusable glass jar.
Ingredients – extra virgin olive oil* infused with calendula*, chamomile* and marshmallow root*, unrefined cocoa butter*, unrefined shea butter*, beeswax* (*organic)